The structure was designed ca. 1910 by the architect Hermann Buchholz and originally formed part of the former Albrechts-Park residential complex. Arranged in the shape of a U around a small residential road, it is now a landmarked area.
The building’s basement houses a commercial unit. The mezzanine and the three floors above it contain eight spacious apartments. The attic has not been converted.
In particular the winter gardens and the classic Wilhelmininan style of the apartments, several of which have parquet floors, possess an ambience one cannot but find pleasing, comfortable, and congenial. As all windows adjoin either the courtyard or the tranquil private road in front of the property, metropolitan street noise is kept out, creating a space of cosy domestic ambience, both for those owners who themselves reside at Albrechtstraße 72a and for tenants who make their home there. The well-designed, roomy apartments also lend themselves to a wide range of individual arrangement and furnishing concepts.
The planned modifications– including restoration of the rear facade, paint in the entrance area and stairwell, and the addition of balconies in the rear – will further enhance the property’s residential quality.*
All planned measures are contingent upon official approval and are subject to change or cancellation on the basis of conditions of public law. Realisation of such measures follows the purchase agreement provisions.